Sunday, December 13, 2009

12 Days of QKD Christmas--Day 11

I'm a vintage kinda gal. Today I'd like to show off the Queen Kat Designs stamps that are perfect for my vintage projects.
If you are following Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas, then you know this tag follows the general concept of his tutorial for Day 12 (which was yesterday on his blog). You will have to go to his blog for the detailed directions, but I can explain how I made my tag. First I have to tell you that I nearly fainted when I saw Tim's Day 12 tag because I knew it was a perfect fit for Queen Kat Designs stamps!!!!! I used the QKD Funky Swirl stamp and the QKD Aged Text Background stamp.
I started with a white tag 2-1/8" by 4-1/4", smaller than the typical TR tags. I wanted to incorporate this adorable image of a young boy (FreeVintageImages.com) and a Maya Road flower so I used Ranger Distress Ink in Broken China. I also used Ranger Tea Dye Distress Ink and Memento Lady Bug (red) and Tuxedo Black dye inks. My music strip was beige (Flair Designs, Inc.: Jingle Bells). I cut two brown felt leaves from de Vines by Prima. Brown ribbon, Hero Arts teal Gemstones, and a Santa circle from Graphic 45 Christmas Past tags 12x12 sheet complete the supplies.
I love how the young boy is standing on top of one of the flourishes and how the Santa circle tag (on a pop dot) fits perfectly inside one of the swirls. I told you this QKD Funky Swirl stamp is perfect for this project!
There are some great sales going on in the QKD store. This is a perfect time to pick up some stocking stuffers for your stamper friends--or for yourself!
Tomorrow is the QKD Monday blog hop, so I'll be seeing you on my blog for another QKD Christmas project. 'Til then, I hope you have time to scrap a lot! Helene

2 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

This tag turned out great. I love the whole effect.

My name is Wynneth said...

Love this tag, the blue gems tie in so well with that pretty flower and the little boy image is so sweet :o)
hugs
wynneth
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...